June 28, 2011

Anthony Family Starts to Unravel: Cindy & Lee Tell Very Different Stories

George, Cindy and Lee Anthony were all to the stand by the defense today, Tuesday June 28, 2011.

George was asked if he knew Krystal Holloway (aka River Cruz), and whether he had had an affair with her. He stated, Yes, he did know her as she volunteered to help with search for Caylee. As for an affair, he denied it, but the wording he used was adversarial and bizarre. He responded, "No, I did not have an affair with Krystal Holloway.." Then he looked down with a slight smirk adding, "I find that very funny." If he'd been asked that question in any other context, I could understand his mocking her. But is anything really "very funny" at all today, at his daughter's first degree murder trial?

He was asked if he'd gone to her home. He agreed he had, two or three times. He explained that Krystal had told him she had a brain tumor and had asked him for emotional support. Because, he said, he wanted to be a "good guy", he had visited at her home to offer her said support. In this small piece of testimony there was something disturbing about the man. He seemed unnecessarily hostile and for the first time I noticed an arrogance about him that gave me pause. Is the mask starting to slip?

Jose Baez asked Cindy Anthony if she had a conversation or argument with son Lee about sending
Dominic Casey and/or Jim Hoover to look for Caylee with a video camera. Cindy denied sending them on any search and denied having any conversation or argument with Lee about such a search. She further denied having any knowledge of such a search until after Caylee's remains were found in December 2008. "I had no knowledge of a (November 08) search in that area so I would not have had an argument regarding that. My first knowledge of that search was after Caylee's remains are found."

Baez continues: "And you never had a discussion where he confronted you saying, "Why are you looking for a dead kid?"

Prosecution: Objection, Asked and answered. Judge: Sustained. Cindy is excused with no cross examination.

Lee Anthony is called to the stand. Jose Baez asks Lee, "Good Morning Mr. Anthony. Did you ever havd an argument or discussion with your mother about sending Dominic Casey to look for Caylee with a video camera off Suburban Drive?"

Lee responds, "Yes I did," for the first time completely contradicting his mother. Jose Baez asks him to tell the court what happened. "Yes sir. I was over at my mother's house and we.. " Objection, Narrative. Judge asks Baez to rephrase.

Baez: "Did you go to your parents' home?"
Lee: "Yes I did."
Baez: "When you got there did your mother tell you anything about Suburban Drive?"
Lee: "Yes"
Baez: "What did she tell you?"
Lee: "She sent Dominic into the woods off Suburban because she got a psychic tip she wanted to follow up on." He then recalls this conversation took place in about October. He says he was very angry that his family was looking for or acknowledging a "deceased Caylee."

Lee said he went back to work in part because his parents decided to look for Caylee's dead body at all, and also was upset that his parents hadn't discussed this with him.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Notably this is the second time Lee is very upset that he is left out of family decisions or issues. The first was when Lee spoke of being upset at being left out of Casey's pregnancy and the birth of Caylee. Lee apparently considered it a betrayal by Mom and Dad that they would even consider that Casey had fabricated the story about Casey. He seems bitterly hurt and angry with parents, not unlike the way Casey appears to feel.

I find myself beginning to fear what else I'll find out. I feel compelled to watch yet horrified. George's sarcastic comment that he finds it "funny" being asked about an affair with Krystal keeps echoing in my head. I no longer trust my original perception of George Anthony. I hope I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment