June 3, 2011

Day 9-Casey Anthony Trial: Recorded Jail House Visits with Parents

It becomes increasingly clear that Casey Anthony is mentally ill. I agree with Beth Karas that it is odd that Jose Baez didn't try to present diminished capacity as a defense and go for some kind of plea bargain. He certainly is going out of his way to emphasize these aspects at trial, possibly as grounds for appeal. Or jury nullification in regard to the death penalty.

Watching the jail house visit between Casey and her dad, one cannot imagine Casey having been molested by him. As a therapist, I consider myself able to spot a pedophile, especially one guilty of molesting his daughter, and I feel confident that such a thing never happened.

Interestingly, Casey keeps referring to her daughter, not as "Caylee," but as 'that little girl."  I find that strange. Casey will say, "That little girl was the best part of us.."  OR, "I love that little girl."  But each time her dad focuses on finding Caylee, and bringing Caylee home, Casey keeps responding with, "I know.. I just want to be home with you guys, as a family.  Just know how much I love you guys.  How much I miss you. (And how much I miss, Caylee- almost as an aside..). We should be home together as a family. As we should be."  Dad: "Yeah, because I miss her so much."  Casey is clearly trying to flatter him, compliment him (you are the best dad, always have been, and the best grandpa) in order to manipulate him to get her out of jail.  He has explained of course that they have tapped every resource and don't have the amount of bail they need to get.

It's as if Casey believes that if she keeps flattering him and making it seem as if bringing Casey home will significantly help in the search for Caylee, that somehow George Anthony will be able to do something further to get her out of jail.  Her concern is to be home.  She does not want to be in jail, and her primary focus is to convince as many people as she can that she must get out, and have every possible thing down to bring this about.

No comments:

Post a Comment